Wednesday, November 4, 2015

WWRW: November 4th




Recently finished To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee which I read as part of the Modern Mrs Darcy reading challenge. I don't remember what I read instead of this in high school but better late than never, right? Anyway; I'm glad I have read it ~ the childhood recollections and reflections of Scout Finch a young girl growing up in rural Alabama are touching without being saccharine.  With only a couple of exceptions no character is all good or all bad but rather the full spectrum of neighbors are shown at their best and worse.

Currently reading Jesus Feminist which is a nice change of pace after reading 33 days to Morning Glory. Both excellent in their own way but after reading Michael Gaitley's preparation for Marian Consecration with it's deep questions and profound theology which raised as many questions for me as it answered I needed something a bit lighter. According to the introduction Sarah Bessey intend Jesus Feminist to be a 'sitting around the campfire', sharing of experiences and putting aside the hurts and misunderstandings, and for a bit focusing on the fact that we are all fearfully and wonderfully made.  I'm only about a third of the way through but so far really appreciate Bessey's pacing and easy prose.




No comments:

Post a Comment