Monday, November 23, 2015

Daybook ~ Late November


Thinking about:
    Getting serious about Christmas shopping so as not to leave it all for the last minute. What additions I might make to how kid-wise we observe Advent.

Excited For:
   Thanksgiving and getting together with family and watching the kids play with their cousins. An Outer Banks trip my sisters and I are starting to plan for next summer. Haven't been in almost five years!

Wearing: Mostly jeans and clogs or skirts and boots; still in the 60's most days so have not really had to break into the sweaters much but as of this weekend that is about to change.

Planting:
   Bulbs are all planted. Most of the leaves from nearby trees are down so hopefully coming down the homestretch on raking/bagging.  Have already done a bit of pruning but want to do some more once all the leaves are down.
   
My View:



Reading:  All fall Charlie and I have been reading or rereading parts of the Vorkosian saga by Lois McMaster Bujold. A friend started us on the series a few years ago towards the end but enjoying it Charlie has since bought all the books and so having reread everything I have read before I thought I would read one I haven't yet.

Watching: Blindspot, and the North&South mini-series. I read the book earlier this year and recently borrowed the DVDs from my sister. I really enjoyed it; felt like it was well acted, faithful to the book and so fun to see Brendan Coyle in another role.

Cooking: Spinach Quiche and otherwise trying to eat down the freezer ahead of the holiday.

The Kids: Elisabeth is still crazy about dinosaurs! Becoming a stronger reader all the time, is going to find some chapter books featuring her favorite Fancy Nancy under the tree.

Liam continues to enjoy Pre-K and all that he is learning about letters and numbers.  He is by far the smallest in his group at gymnastics but seems content to keep trying despite a weekly bump or bruise.

Caitlin is as much if not more of a talker than Lisbeth was. Favorite show is currently Max and Ruby.
Still enjoys drawing everywhere but is slowly learning to resist the temptation walls provide.


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the N&S mini-series too. Enjoy your trip planning! :)

    ReplyDelete